Structural Steel Detailing
We understand that the best (or worst) designs mean nothing until they have been detailed. The disconnect between the structural engineering community and the reality of construction and fabrication has deteriorated rapidly in the last 20 years. The translation of structural steel design documents into shop drawings which can be correctly and efficiently fabricated is one of the most important steps into the construction of a project. Without the steel, there is nowhere to hang the ductwork, electrical systems, and finishes of a building. The delivery of this item is often delegated and in many projects becomes the roadblock to an entire project’s schedule.
We utilize state of the art 3D steel modeling software in tandem with in-house Professional Structural Engineers to provide steel design and shop drawings, streamlining the connection between design, fabrication, and erection.
Our common sense approach to connection design and fabrication shop exposure ensures fabricators receive functional and economical details. Our steel detailers are trained in a “hands on” environment with full exposure to a fully staffed fabrication facility using modern fabrication equipment.
Projects are modeled to provide an orbital view of the design concept, with all connections shown, to ensure efficient erection sequencing. All drawings are individually checked for compliance to your shop standards and can be sealed by our in-house Engineers if required by contract specifications. Our powerful software will also provide all the necessary CNC data and material nesting files supporting today’s automated fabricating machinery.
Our capabilities include:
- BIM 3D modeling created from your design or our design build capability allowing shared files over all construction disciplines
- Steel Bridge 3D modeling, design, and detailing per AASHTO/NSBA standards and guidelines
- Hip and valley construction
- Sloping, Skewed, Curved, Complex geometric structures
- Truss, girder design and detail
- Platework, Bins, Hoppers, Ductwork, and Conveyor systems
- Miscellaneous items :
- Stairs, Rails, Platforms, Catwalks, Ladders
- Tilt-up concrete panel design and details
- Checking of shop drawings for AISC and contract compliance